The top part with a simple, cavetto cornice, the right hand side return replaced. The frieze with a spoon rack, possibly later. The back with a shallow, display shelf. Supported by baluster turned uprights and three classical columns on each side. The middle part with a simple, cavetto cornice and the initial ‘H’ and a circle incised on the frieze embellished with two turned pendents and a dentil moulding. Two panelled doors with geometric stained inlays, and replaced wooden knobs and original hinges and one lock original, one removed. The initials ‘E’ and ‘G’, bearing traces of red stain, and inlaid either side of a central, arcaded panel inlaid with the date ‘1692’. The tenons replaced, and spliced on the left-hand-side. The sides panelled. The bottom part with a simple moulded edge. The doors with 3 moulded panels and retaining original hinges and later 19th century working lock, the wooden knobs replaced. Revealing an interior with a later shelf and cupboard. The sides panelled. Excellent original colour and patina. Welsh, 1692. 70401195.
This post was written by joecollinson